We are seeking a dedicated Care Coordinator to assist with the care management of our patient population. The Care Coordinator works in collaboration and continuous partnership with chronically ill and/or “high-risk” patients and their family/caregivers, clinic/hospital/specialty providers and staff, and community resources.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform administrative tasks such as but not limited to document and request discharge summaries from healthcare facilities for patients and/or providers.
- Coordinate and facilitate care management between patient/caregivers with their Primary Care Provider.
- Assist with developing a care plan with the provider and/or patient’s family/caregivers to address their personal health care needs and to reduce re-hospitalizations.
- Monitor patient progress to the care plan and facilitate changes.
- Inform patient and/or caregivers of any relevant community resources.
- Educate patients about their condition and give them specific instructions.
- Consult and collaborate with other health care providers and specialists to set up patient appointments and treatment plans.
- Check-in on the patient regularly and evaluate and document their progress.
- Assist the care team with developing and assessing health interventions.
- Attend ongoing training and courses to keep abreast of new developments in health care.
- Treat patients with empathy and respect and conduct oneself in a professional manner.
- Comply with organizational guidelines and health care laws and regulations.
- Medical Assistant with at least 1 year of experience working at a clinic/hospital setting.
- 1+ years of experience with patient clinical documentation systems (electronic medical records).
- 1+ years of medical terminology.
- Experience in healthcare or related field is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to foster a supportive environment for patients.
- Computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Strong analytical thinking and the ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Excellent customer service.
- Compassion and empathy.
- Bilingual or multilingual fluency preferred.