Provide assistance to physicians and health care staff in patient care management
Medical Assistant Certification, high school diploma or GED, secondary language
- Ability to obtain vital signs: BP, height, weight.
- Inputting data into Electronic Medical Record.
- Clerical experience, Such as: calling doctors’ offices for reports, contacting laboratories for results and calling patients with lab results, scanning medical records, ensuring charts are prepared in EMR for the next day, etc.
- Familiar with medical terminology in order to write out prescriptions for scans per doctors’ request.
- Prepare and maintain examination room before, during and after each patient activity
- MS Office Suite
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to communicate with patients and doctors efficiently
- Greet and escort patients into exam rooms, professional attire, and demeanor
Environment: Medical office setting
Schedule: Monday- Friday, flexibility with hours
Salary: Commiserates based on experience
Location: Chinatown, NY